14 September has come and gone. Now the skies have cleared and we know for sure that the Warriors are getting a ranged DPS soul. It is called: Tempest.
Looks like Mages are going in melee and Warriors are joining the ranged pile I’m very curious to see how that’s going to work out.
Before I go on blabbing about this new soul I want to let you know that I haven’t touched a Warrior since forever so I have consulted with Skarbor for this post. Most of the credit goes to him on the theorycrafting part.
Let’s begin !
The Tempest is a range DPS soul for Warriors. This soul will be available when Storm Legion will launch. It’s attacks are Air based and raged. This will allow the Warriors to adapt to the encounter. I am sure most of the Warriors wished that they had the Tempest available at Maelforge so they didn’t had to stand and afk in the first phase
This soul is quite versatile. It can be paired with other souls to obtain different results.
Most obvious combination would be Tempest/Riftblade. This spec should work for both ranged and melee DPS. Obviously the ranged DPS will be lower then the DPS that can be done from melee.
I also think this would be a fun soul to use while leveling. I spotted some of the Beastmaster and Warlord changes and I think that by combining these 2 souls with the Tempest can make a quite easy leveling spec.
Let’s take a look at the talents. Since Elrar was to kind and mouse over everything, I have a complete list of talents for the Tempest soul.
The first tier has two talents:
- Amped: Hitting with Shock Pulse increases your Attack Power and Weapon Damage Multiplier by 2% for 6 seconds. Can spend 5 talent points in it.
- Long Range Training: Increases Range of all ranged attacks by 1 meter. Can spend 5 talent points in it.
The second tier has three talents:
- Safe Fall: Takes no damage from falls for the next 30 seconds. Can spend 1 point in it. This is a funny 1 minute cooldown. I wish Clerics will get one like that. I can’t count how many times I died from falling off a cliff
- Difficult Target: Reduces incoming non-melee damage by 2%. Can spend 3 points in it.
- Enhanced Power: Increases damage on ranged attacks by 2%. Can spend 5 talent points in it.
The third tier also has 3 talents:
- Bioelectric Enhancement: Increases Strength by 2%. Can spend 5 talent points in it.
- Discharged Defenses: Hitting with Skyfall causes your attacks to bypass 5% of the target’s armor for 10 seconds. Can spend 2 talent points in it.
- Jolt: Heals the Warrior for 711 health over the next 6 seconds. It has 10 seconds cooldown. You can spend 1 point in this talent. This talent is one of the reasons I think Tempest is going to be a great soul to use for leveling.
The fourth tier also has 3 talents:
- Grounded: Deals an additional 10% damage with ranged attacks while standing still. Can spend 3 talent points in it.
- Ionized Discharge: Blasts hit an additional 1 targets. Can spend 3 talent points in it.
- Distracting Pulse: Interrupts. Can spend 1 talent point in it. This ability is off global cooldown and it has 8 seconds cooldown. Warriors can interrupt from ranged ! Yay !
The fifth tier has 4 talents:
- Storm Shield: Absorbs 50% of damage taken up to 568 damage. Lasts 30 seconds. This ability is not affected by the Global Cooldown. It has 30 seconds cooldown.
- Cyclonic Fury: Increases the damage Blasts do by 3%. Can spend 3 points in this talent.
- False Repose: Grants the appearance of Death. Removes all threat. This ability costs 1 talent point and it has 30 seconds cooldown. This is the Warrior version of Feign Death. You can pretend to be dead for 1 hour at the moment. I guess it’s a good way to AFK.
- Magnified Charge: Jolt, and Bioelectric Transfer lasts an additional 1 seconds. Can spend 2 points in it.
The sixth tier has 3 talents:
- Stormbringer: Increases the damage of Charged Pulse, Lightning Torrent, and Storm Torrent by 7%. Can spend 3 talent points in it.
- Oscillation: Hitting with Charged Pulse or causes the next Builder or Double Pulse to deal an additional 10% damage. Can spend 3 talent points in it.
- Delayed Blast: Places Delayed Blast on a single enemy. Detonate to deal 610 Physical damage up to 8 enemies. Placing the Blast does not break Light Refraction. Awards 1 attack point. Can spend 1 point in it. It has 30 seconds cooldown.
The seventh tier also has 3 talents:
- Light Refraction: Grants stealth while stationary. Costs 1 talent point and has 10 seconds cooldown. Great… now Warriors get stealth as well. I can’t wait to have 3 Rogues and 4 Warriors jumping me at Vault in Codex… amazing.
- Polarization: Increases the bonus of Enhanced Conductivity by 1% per stack. Can spend 2 talent points.
- Quick recharge: Reduces the cooldown on Charged Pulse by 2.5 seconds. Can spend 2 talent points.
The eighth tier has 3 talents:
- Disorienting Blast: Stuns up to 8 enemies for 3 seconds. Costs 1 talent point and has 30 seconds cooldown.
- Magnified Refraction: AOE damage taken no longer reveals Light Refraction and is reduced by 25%. Can spend 1 point in this talent.
- Increased Voltage: Increases Critical Hit Power by 20. Can spend 3 points in this talent.
The ninth tier has 1 talent:
- Double Pulse: Deals 675 to 746 Air damage. Must be done after a Charged Pulse. This ability ignores the Global Cooldown. Has 30 seconds cooldown and costs 1 talent point.
Except the talent tree we also got to see the bottom abilities. Special thanks to Elrar for showing us all the goodies.
The 0 points abilities are:
- Shock Pulse: Deals 2732 to 3019 Air damage. This ability grants 1 Attack Point.
- Enhanced Conductivity: Each time the Warrior successfully hits, the enemy gains a stack of Conductivity which causes them to take an additional 1% damage from the Warrior for 8 seconds. This can stack up to 5 times. Lasts 1 hour.
The 2 points ability is Skyfall: Deals Air damage per Attack Point:
- 1 Point: 2366 damage.
- 2 Points: 3599 damage.
- 3 Points: 5461 damage.
The 4 points ability is Offensive Blast: Deals 2188 to 2418 Air damage to up to 8 enemies. This ability grants 1 Attack Point.
The 8 points ability is Empower: Increases ranged damage by 10%. Does not stack with Electromagnetic Shield or Close Training. Lasts 1 hour.
The 12 points ability is Thunderous Kick: Kick an enemy, dealing 3929 to 4348 Physical damage and knocking them back. This ability grants 1 Attack Point. 15 seconds cooldown.
The 16 points ability is Lightning Torrent: Deals 23158 Air damage over 6 seconds. Awards 1 Attack Point every 2 seconds. 30 seconds cooldown.
The 20 points ability is Electricity Blast: Deals 3186 Air damage over the next 15 seconds to up to 3 enemies. This ability grants 1 Attack Point.
The 24 points ability is Charged Pulse: Deals 3901 Air damage. This ability grants 1 Attack Point. 15 seconds cooldown.
The 28 points ability is Arc: Follow each of the next 3 single target Ranged attacks with an Air damage strike (15 seconds cooldown):
- 1 Point: 25% of the damage of the initial attack.
- 2 Points: 50% of the damage of the initial attack.
- 3 Points: 75% of the damage of the initial attack.
The 32 points ability is Chain Pulse: Deals Air damage per Attack Point to up to 5 enemies in a chain:
- 1 Point: 1192 damage.
- 2 Points: 1493 damage.
- 3 Points: 1942 damage.
The 36 points ability is Close Training: Reduces melee damage taken by 5%. Does not stack with Electromagnetic Shield or Empower. Lasts 1 hour.
The 40 points ability is Evasive Redirection: Ranged abilities attacks made against the Warrior are reflected back against the attacker (2 minutes cooldown):
- 1 Point: 1 attack, for 3 seconds.
- 2 Points: 2 attacks, for 6 seconds.
- 3 Points: 3 attacks, for 9 seconds.
The 44 points ability is Electromagnetic Shield: Reduces ranged damage taken by 5%. Does not stack with Close Training or Empower. Lasts 1 hour.
The 48 points ability is Focused Fire: All Party and Raid members gain an additional 15% to critical hit chance with Ranged attacks for 12 seconds. 2 minutes cooldown.
The 51 points ability is Dual Pulse: Shoot the enemy with 2 bolts of energy, each dealing 2085 to 2304 Air damage. This ability grants 2 Attack Points. 15 seconds cooldown.
The 54 points ability is Storm Torrent: Deals 9200 Air damage to up to 5 enemies in front of the Warrior over 6 seconds. Awards 1 Attack Point every 2 seconds. 30 seconds cooldown.
The 58 points ability is Bioelectric Transfer: Deals 4137 to 4572 Air damage. Heals 100% of the damage done over the next 6 seconds. This ability grants 1 Attack Point. 8 seconds cooldown.
The 61 points ability is Wavelength: Reduces the duration of the Global Cooldown by 0.5 seconds for 12 seconds. 2 minutes cooldown.
Except the Tempest, Warriors are in for a few more changes. Warlord and Beastmaster are also getting overhauled.
I think Warriors will be in for a surprise when the soul changes will hit with 1.11. I hope they will be on PTS before they go on to live, otherwise it might be very confusing after 1.11. Someone needs to get working on the theorycrafting and be ready to post guides on the forum asap.
The good part is that we won’t have to sit out the Warriors for not being able to go ranged. I just hope they get the DPS balance right. I guess we need to wait and see.
Compared to the Harbinger I think the Tempest also looks good. It brings something new to the Warrior class and it looks fun to play.
Now it’s only the Clerics and the Rogues left to wait and see what new toys we get in Storm Legion.
We had to wait more then one month before the Warrior release. I just hope the 2 remaining releases are going to be faster !
Keep in touch !