Kolmsasveli and Toinenveli are the third boss encounter in Frozen Tempest.
Enrage timer: 7 minutes
Must have ability: none
4 tanks: any class will do as long as you can find 4 of them.
6 healers: 2 Purifiers, 2 Sentinels, 2 Chloros. One of each for both sides.
4 support: Archon + Bard and 2 Chloro/Harbinger.
6 DPS: this is a job for Warriors and Rogues since the rest of the classes will be healing.
Kolmsasveli and Toinenveli Tactics
The best way to handle this fight is to split the raid in two. You must keep the twins apart or they will heal each other and at the same time you want to keep the middle of the room clear to prevent red AOE spawning on top of the people handling the orb.
Send 2 tanks 3 healers and 3 dps on each side of the room. Have the Bard and the Archon stand in the middle so they provide both sides with buffs.
Tank the bosses on the outer edges of the pillars. The rest of the raid needs to position away from the middle of the room and not between the 2 pillars. If you decide to stand close to the walls be careful, there are holes in the floor and you might end up under the instance.
When you start the fight you will notice blue and yellow zones around the 4 pillars. Both giants will gain stacking yellow and blue buffs. The yellow buff increases his outgoing damage. The blue buff increases the damage they take.
For the entire duration of the fight the tanks will have to drag the giants from 1 pillar to another to remove their stacks.
The fight doesn’t have a lot of mechanics.
- Devastating Shock: 1.5 seconds cast, hits 10 people, deals 6.000 initial damage followed by 4.000 ticks for 6 seconds. Can be dispelled, but you need to pay attention when it’s landing because the dot is invisible at the moment. Both giants cast this ability at random times.
- Red patches on the ground: you have 3 seconds to move out of them before they start dealing damage. They tick for 12.000 damage per second so you have to move asap.
- Kolmsasveli’s Ire: casted by the giant with the same name. This is the tank swap mechanic.
- Toinenveli’s Ire: casted by the giant with the same name, requires a tank swap.
- Gut Rip: 10 seconds debuff on the tank, ticks for 6.000 damage a second.
- Glimpse of Infinity: 7 seconds channel, everyone must line of sight the giant casting it by hiding behind the pillars. This ability is first casted by Toinenveli after he gets pushed under 50%. After 1 minute Kolmsasveli will cast it. This repeats until 10%.
- Red areas in the room: parts of the floor will glow blue then red. They deal around 4.000 damage. Not worth moving out of them so ignore this mechanic.
- Energy Vortex: after 30% a wisp surrounded by an yellow glowing circle will spawn in the middle of the room. It will start a 10 seconds cast. If the cast reaches the end the raid will wipe. To stop the cast 2 people will have to walk into the glowing circle and use the reactive ability they gain on the wisp. You need 3 pairs of 2 people to handle the wisp (after you use the reactive you gain a 1 minute debuff that prevents you from using it again).
Pull and separate the giants. Move them from 1 pillar to the other to keep their stacks low. Tanks swap when the Ire is being casted. The rest of the raid needs to keep clear of the red circles on the ground. That is the only things that can cause casualties at the start.
When the giants get to 50% you need to keep an eye out for the LOS ability. They will emote “[Giant Name] will disintegrate all he beholds!” Toinenveli is going to cast it first.
At 30% the Energy Vortex will start spawning. The 2 men pairs will have to stop it from exploding. Make sure they know their turns and what they are supposed to do. You can also have a backup team in case someone assigned to the vortex dies.
The last thing you need to pay attention to is keeping the twins within 5% HP of each other. If you did Runeking Molinar you know the drill. Make sure the DPS is equally split.
As you can see there isn’t much going on. As long as you can dodge the red circles on the ground no one should die. Good luck !