Exodus of the Storm Queen is available on expert difficulty at level 60.
When you enter the dungeon, before you can engage the first boss you will have to repel 6 Blackstorm assaults.
If you click the assault frame you will gain 2 reactive abilities to help you deal with the Blackstorms. The first one marks a mob for extermination. The second reactive ability deals aoe damage to all the mobs. Use them as much as possible, they will speed things up.
After you defeat 6 attacks, Dominax will come busting in through the ceiling and take over the Assault Frame.
Dominax is a 2 stage fight. At first he will take over the Assault Frame and use it against you.
- Razor Slash: applies on the tank, reduces maximum HP by 5% for every stack. Can be dispelled, occurs every 7 seconds.
- Metal Storm: 20 seconds buff on the boss. Deals 1.600 aoe damage to the entire raid every 2 seconds.
- Decimator: 3 seconds cast, can be interrupted, deals massive damage to the tank. Occurs every 30 seconds. If you’re in starting gear you want to interrupt this 100%.
- Red Mist: 3 seconds chanel, targets everyone in the party, needs to be line of sighted. Occurs every 45 seconds. To make sure the tank has enough time to LOS, you can tank the boss next to a pillar.
After you defeat the Assault Frame, Dominax will engage.
- Raging Tempest: 2 seconds cast, applies a 30 seconds buff on the boss. Deals 2.500 to 2.700 AOE damage for 30 seconds. Can not be purged.
In case you skipped this dungeon on normal mode, here is what you have to do.
Pick up Dominax and drag him into the yellow glowing circle. Once you get him under 10% HP the projector on the circle’s edge will become click-able. Use it to trap Dominax inside a crystal, then pick up the crystal and run to the forge with it. You got 10 seconds to reach the blue circle with the crystal otherwise your party will wipe and the encounter will reset.
General Grim fight has 2 stages.
- Cleave: he cleaves so melee watch out.
- Reaper’s Touch: spawns a spinning scythe with 83.500 HP. If killed it drops a red orb. The player that picks up the orb gains a 45 seconds buff that increases his damage done by 50%.
At 40% he will run to the middle and a flag will appear. Someone has to click the flag in the next 10 seconds or he will wipe the party.
The person who clicks the flag will be locked inside a “duel area” with the boss and will have to fight him, while the rest of the party will fight adds outside the duel area.
While inside the duel area he has the following abilities:
- Brutal Strike: 2 seconds cast, hits for 90% of your max health. To avoid it use the temporary ability that looks like a sword.
- Subjugation: 2 seconds cast followed by a 10 seconds channel. Stuns you and deals 4k damage every second. To survive it spam the second temporary ability (white and blue icon).
- While inside the duel area he will also do a frontal cone damage ability. Move out of the red marker.
If you manage to defeat the boss inside the duel area the fight ends and you will receive your loot. If you die inside the duel area the boss will gain a 10 seconds enrage buff and heal up to full. Use cooldowns on the tank if needed and survive it, then normally dps down and kill the boss.
- Avalanche: instant cast, knocks back and deals 3.900 damage to everyone in a 10 meters range.
- Frost Bound: 5 seconds cast immediately after Avalanche. At the end of the cast all players that are not inside the blue circle take 12.000 damage and gain 4 stacks of Frozen Heart (see below).
- Deep Freeze: 7 seconds buff on the boss, deals 7.000 damage every 2 seconds and applies a stack of Frozen Heart.
- Winter’s Fury: 2 seconds cast followed by a 10 seconds channel. Players need to line of sight the boss behind the bookcases or they will be oneshotted. This ability occurs after every second Frost Bound cast. Each Winter’s Fury destroys a bookcase. Also 3 players will radiate damage during his channel, preventing everyone from being behind the same pillar (2.400 damage every second).
- Frozen Heart: stacks up to 5. If it reaches 5 stacks it will freeze you in place and kill you. Also snares while under 5 stacks. Must be dispelled as much as possible.
The trick to this fight is to balance dispelling the Frozen Heart with healing the raid. The best tactic is to have everyone except the tank stand at range from the boss, just on the safe edge of Frost Bound. This way no one will get knocked back. Because the Frozen Heart also slows people it will be a 50/50 chance to not make it inside the safe zone in time after Avalanche knocks you back.
As a healer try and stay on top of the Frozen Heart debuff, don’t let it stack to much. It is wise to use a spec that can AOE dispell here. If you are in starter gear and healing and dispell are to difficult to do at the same time, consider using a support player.
Before you can engage Checkaroth you must survive the Theodor’s Last Stand. For 3 minutes, waves of mobs will attack your party. Kill them. After you killed 15 of them you will gain a reactive ability. Use it to oneshot mobs. This will prevent you from being overrun. At the end of the 3 minutes the boss becomes active.
- Flash Freeze: 3 seconds cast followed by a 5 seconds channel. The channel can be interrupted. Adds 1 stack of Flash Freeze debuff a random party member. If the debuff builds up to 10 you will freeze and die. To remove the debuff you must pick up a Warmth Orb (see below).
- Storm Blade: 3 seconds cast, summons a Storm Blade with 83.500 HP which spins around the room. Hits for 3.500 if you are too close to it. If killed drops a red circle on the ground. If you stand in it you gain a +50% damage buff.
- Foul Wind: 5 seconds cast followed by a 5 seconds channel. Deals 1.300 damage every second and applies one stack of Flash Freeze to players that have the debuff.
- Unyielding Warmth: every minute 5 Warmth Orbs will spawn around the room. Use them to remove your Flash Freeze debuff.
- Theodor’s Strike: deals 3.800 damage to everyone in melee range of the boss.
Really easy fight. If you use the Warmth Orbs to reset your Flash Freeze stacks you shouldn’t wipe at all on this boss.